Swing Left is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Marketing Coordinator to help produce digital content and events that will help take back the House. This is a full-time, paid position.
About Swing Left
Swing Left is a national grassroots organization of hundreds of thousands of volunteers working to take back the House in the 2018 midterm elections. Our national organization is led by professionals from the tech, media, finance, nonprofit and art worlds in collaboration with veteran political organizers and strategists.
Providing crucial foundational support to the Marketing + Media team, you will play an important role in broadening Swing Left’s reach, engaging volunteers and donors, and furthering the three big ways Swing Left is working to take back the House: voter contact, grassroots fundraising, and cultural mobilization. You will collaborate with experts in digital marketing, PR, social media, digital content, TV production, design, product development, events, and influencer engagement and work closely with the Chief Marketing Officer and the Executive Director.
- Help produce Swing Left original digital content that will inform, entertain and galvanize a wide audience in collaboration with SL’s Creative Content team and creative partners
- Guide the creation of volunteer-generated content, including videos, photography, and written content created by grassroots storytellers. Drive editorial direction/calendar, vetting process, and amplification via Swing Left email and social media channels
- Collaborate with Product Manager who is responsible for handling digital components of event execution, including ActBlue ticket purchases and donation reporting/coordination
- Help conceptualize and execute events, from high-touch cultivation events to fundraisers to grassroots pep rallies
- Put together guest lists. Manage RSVPs
- Venue, host, partner, and vendor coordination
- Support our digital talent engagement and social media teams with researching, engaging, and coordinating with high-profile supporters including members of the entertainment, fashion, art, tech, business, and political worlds
Project Orchestration + Administrative Support
- Support CMO in prioritizing and scheduling Marketing-wide initiatives and communicating with project owners. Update Strategic Calendar
- Identify areas of need (specialized knowledge and/or bandwidth support). Collaborate with People Ops Team to tap pool of interested specialists and put them to work to fill holes.
- Schedule and coordinate big-picture strategy sessions. Plan Marketing Team retreats
- Provide scheduling and other administrative support to CMO
- Coordinate and collaborate with CMO, ED, senior Marketing Project Leads and Advisors, and other full-time and part-time staff to execute the above
- Hire, onboard, train, and manage additional skilled volunteers to support execution of the above as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. A knack for storytelling. Finely-tuned attention to detail
- Professional video production experience, including coordinating shoots.(Experience video editing on Adobe Premiere is a plus.)
- Professional experience working with talent and/or producing events
- News media and culture addict. Familiarity with what’s happening in politics as well as broader cultural trends (entertainment, business/tech, arts/fashion, etc)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and hold self and others accountable
- Ability to work in a collaborative, forward-thinking environment and at a rapid pace
- Flexible and embrace opportunities for growth and learning new skills
- Deep commitment to winning back the House in 2018!
- Digital marketing (social media, email) and/or content marketing experience a plus
Swing Left provides a competitive salary and benefits package. We are happy to answer any questions you have about our benefits, retirement, parental leave policies and other, similar benefits in interviews.
We believe that the GOP's bad behavior disproportionately hurts the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. As a result, we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do and we welcome all applicants regardless of age, citizenship, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy status, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other differences.