Swing Left is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Marketing Manager to hone and execute social media strategies and creative content that will help take back the House. This is a full-time, paid position.
About Swing Left
Swing Left is a national grassroots organization of hundreds of thousands of volunteers working to take back the House in the 2018 midterm elections. Our national organization is led by professionals from the tech, media, finance, nonprofit and art worlds in collaboration with veteran political organizers and strategists.
Fulfilling a critical position on the Marketing + Media team, you will play an important role in broadening Swing Left’s reach, engaging grassroots volunteers and donors, and furthering the three big ways Swing Left is working to take back the House: voter contact, grassroots fundraising, and cultural mobilization. You will collaborate with experts in digital marketing, PR, social media, digital content, TV production, design, product development, events, and influencer engagement and work closely with the Chief Marketing Officer and the Executive Director.
- Guide content and engagement strategy for three primary social platforms: Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Manage team of social media volunteers; identify and hire new team members based on strategic needs
- Manage daily social posting calendar for supporting pre-defined Swing Left initiatives and around significant cultural events, holidays, midterm milestones, etc
- Draft and execute posts and engage with fans and followers, in collaboration with social team
- Devise and manage process for rapid social response to breaking news and other trending topics
- Gather data and report on social media performance, breaking down new tactics and campaigns. Translate data and make recommendations to effect strategy.
- Collaborate on paid ad strategy
- Develop on-brand, platform-native (and cross-platform) content franchises, templates and one-off content
- Devise and manage process for executing content in collaboration with Design, Creative Content, and other areas of the Swing Left team
- Create new and source existing simple visual (still) social content, memes, GIFs, etc
- Edit short videos (e.g. w/ simple graphics and found or original footage) for quick turnaround on social media
- Foster the creation, collection and distribution of volunteer, celebrity/influencer, and candidate/campaign-generated content—including video, photography, and written content, templated AND one-off
- Drive editorial/content calendar, and coordinate promotional strategy via Swing Left’s marketing channels (social, email, etc)
- Help produce higher concept, higher production value original video content in collaboration with in-house team and external partners
- Research and coordinate with high-profile supporters, including members of the entertainment, fashion, art, tech, business, and political worlds, to support, amplify and participate in social media and creative content initiatives
- Draft template social sharing language to promote pre-defined Swing Left initiatives and rapid response CTAs
- Excellent writing and editing skills. A knack for storytelling. Finely-tuned attention to detail
- News media addict. Knowledge of what’s happening in politics as well as broader cultural trends (entertainment, business/tech, arts/fashion, etc)
- Professional social media experience
- Facility with Adobe Photoshop or similar design software
- Professional video production experience, including coordinating shoots. (Experience video editing on Adobe Premiere is a plus.)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and hold self and others accountable
- Ability to work in a collaborative, forward-thinking environment and at a rapid pace
- Flexible and embrace opportunities for growth and learning new skills
- Digital fundraising and/or rapid response experience a plus
- Analytics experience (gathering and translating marketing-related data) a plus
- Deep commitment to winning back the House in 2018!
We believe that the GOP's bad behavior disproportionately hurts the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people. As a result, we believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do and we welcome all applicants regardless of age, citizenship, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy status, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other differences.